My Memories

My Memories
My Memories

My Memories Suite Software

My Memories Suite Software
My Memories Suite Software
You can purchase my Digital Scrapbooking kits and Printables at

One Stitch at a Time

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sweet Story to share

Last August when we found out that my husband was going to retire from the Military; we explained to our daughter; Kimberly, who was 3 at the time, that we would be moving home to where her grandparents, her Nana and other family members lived. She asked me one night if she could get a cat. (we had had 3 cats since her birth but they slowly passed away, we lost the last one in July 2007 when we moved from McGuire to Fort Dix). I told her yes once we get moved and settle we will get your a kitty. Then she proceeds to say, mommy it has to be white, have ears and a tail. LOL that was so funny.
We moved home and kept putting off getting a kitty. Going thur the animal shelters is no easy task, nor is it cheap. But something kept up from getting a cat, till July. Our neighbors were moving out. They had 3 cats, 2 dogs and some kind of bird. While taking with the girl that lived there, she told me that 2 of the cats they were going to be taking to the shelter cause they were unable to keep them. I talk with my husband and we decided we would take those two cats. I can't stand for any animal to have to go to the shelters any where. Kimberly was so excited to find this out. God was looking out for my daughter I can tell you that. One of the cats, Angel, is just as white as white can be. She is pure white, with one green eye and one blue eye. Very fisty cat too I might add.















She is just what Kimberly asked for, a white cat with ears and a tail. LOL She is one gorgeous cat. And then there is Smokey. (All growing up we had cats, and lots of them sometimes, my mom was a cat lover and all the cats that I owned where named Smokey. Everytime one would pass away, we would get another one and I would name it Smokey). How weird is all of this to you all too. LOL Smokey is a lover. The neighbor told me that he was an outdoor cat and that they found him on the side of the road a baby kitten, they hand feed him and everything, but always stayed outdoors. I just love him to death, he is so freakin funny. he will climb up on your chest and lick your face and even your lips, I know that is grose to some people but I find it so cute, sometimes. I really don't think they ever let him in the house or feed him cat food. Cause when we got him, his fur was all matted and grose. Now that he is been eating cat food, he has no more mats, his fur is just as soft as can be. Funny thing about him is, is feet and head are bigger than the rest of him LOL, he not very proportioned LMBO.



































And this is a picture I took last night. I love this picture. They are both asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww I love your story. The furkids are so so cute. Great pictures and I am so happy they found a wonderful home to go to. You can tell the one sleeping on her is going to be her best bud.